Tuesday, May 20, 2014

APP ALERT!! MOBILE ATTENDANCE!

Mobile Attendance - Android Apps on Google Play
 Well, it's bee n a minute, but we (me) are back with another app that must be brought to the attentnion of every tech savvy teacher, and it's called Mobile Attendance by INNOVA Apps.    A few months back I was struggling to find an attendance app for my classroom. After a few trial apps, I settled with Eval Safety Attendance in The Google Play Store. I loved the idea of using QR Codes to take attendance from my smartphone and so did my students.  It was easy to use, but the reports didn't produce the spreadsheet format in Google that I wanted.  All that is different with Mobile Attendance. The spreadsheets are easy to set up, report in real time, and are shareable like any other Google document. The app creates QR Codes in Google Docs for print out. Perfect, everything stays in Google. The best part of the whole process is that students love to use their phones, tablets, or laptops to check in. I had my students take a photo of their personal QR code and save it to their phone or tablet homescreen for easy pull up.  If they forget their device at home, they should keep the original copy on them somewhere, but worst case scenerio, you can print up a back up copy of all your students' codes and  keep it on you as well.  The olny downside to this app is that the free trial only lasts for only two weeks, after that it's at least $6.85 a month (yikes!). Check the video below or click the link under the photo above to check out Moblie Attendance for yourself and see if you want to try it! Best, #mrford#techsavvyteacher


No comments:

Post a Comment