Wednesday, June 19, 2013

APP ALERT! GOOGLE CHROME TO PHONE



     OK, so it's really not an app; it's an extension of Chrome browser. Extensions are like features of Chrome that should have already been incorporated in the world's fastest browser, but weren't. So in a sense-they really are apps, but just for Google Chrome (I know that was confusing for me too).  This particular extension allows you to grab videos on your desktop or laptop and download it to your phone or tablet. Sounds useless to you? Have you ever been on YouTube and found a video on your laptop only to discover that the same video is not available on your smartphone?  Well, just install Chrome to Phone in the Chrome Web Store and you can instantly download that particular video to your smartphone and share it with others. This really works well for mobile teachers who want to share specific videos with their students via their smartphones.  I can't tell you how many times I have found a great ESL video on my laptop that I really wanted to share in Whatsapp for my students, but couldn't do so because Whatsapp and other SMS platforms are not compatible with desk and laptops.  Now, all I have to do is watch the video in Chrome and click the Chrome to Phone extension in my browser and within seconds the video is downloaded to my phone for me to share in Whatsapp!  This is a great extension and is most helpful to educators.  Add Chrome to Phone to your Google Chrome experience today and try it for yourself!



Best,
#mr.ford

No comments:

Post a Comment