Sunday, April 14, 2013

Paperless I-94s Starting April 30th!

Current I-94 will be replaced by Automated I-94 by May 21, 2013
 
     If you've ever used your passport then you know that an I-94 is that little white form that your flight attendant asks you to fill out about 15 minutes before you land in your designated country. For those who are 'Coming to America', it's basically a form for Homeland Security and the U.S. Government to receive general information about you and your purpose of entering the country; including your flight number and place you intend on staying while here. 
 
     By May 21st, all people who enter the U.S. through an active seaport or airport will receive Automated I-94s.
 
     Starting April 30th, your I-94 will be collected by the airlines prior to your departure.  If you should need to access your admission number you will be able to do so online at CBP.gov/I94. You will need your passport number, date of birth, name, country of citizenship, and class of admission. 

     For nonimmigrant students, their I-94 number is necessary to change nonimmigrant status to another visa status or for an extension of nonimmigrant status. For more information...

https://www.help.cbs.gov
www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel

Best,
#mr.ford


No comments:

Post a Comment