Tuesday, April 30, 2013

APP ALERT!! ESL PODCAST



     Are you a student looking for a great way to enhance your ESL/EFL listening skills? Are you an ESL Instructor who needs a quick listening activity to fill that missing gap in your syllabus? Check out my good friends Dr. Jeff and Dr. Lucy out in LA. ESL Podcast is the leader in podcasting for ESL/EFL students and instructors. Their podcasts are among the most popular and readily available online and on NOW your smart phone! 


     A lot of people are unfamiliar with podcasting.  Podcasting is basically a recorded dialogue that is intended to help enhance listening and reading comprehension skills.  They rely on a large variety of topics and many of these podcasts contain videos. A short quiz is usually given or listeners are asked to write a brief summary following the listening to test their comprehension. 

     I currently use this app in my Level 5 course at my institute as an instructor.  After playing the podcast via my phone and speakers, I ususally distibute a self generated worksheet that asks seven to ten questions and a brief summary of the listening.  I also request that my students download the app so that they can read along the second time the podcast is played for revision.

     Go to your Google Play Store and download the app today.  Let me know how it works for you.

                                                         


Best,
#mr.ford

No comments:

Post a Comment